The Oklahoma Higher Education Employee Interlocal Group (“OKHEEI”) Benefits Coordinator is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
FLSA Position Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Coordinates all employee and retiree benefits programs for OKHEEI members. Develops and monitors reports of all benefits programs. Coordinates HIPAA Compliance activities and serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer. Acts as a liaison with all insurance carriers, broker, healthcare providers, vendors, TPA's, and retirement benefit programs. Trains and provides continuing education as needed to OKHEEI members' benefits personnel. Reports to the Chairperson of the OKHEEI Board. Day to day activities and responsibilities will be managed by the RUSO General Counsel. Primarily works remotely in the State of Oklahoma. Includes frequent travel to 11 member locations statewide. Evaluations performed with the input of the OKHEEI Chair, OKHEEI Vice Chair, and RUSO General Counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Oversees employees' and retirees' benefits programs for OKHEEI members to ensure consistency in execution of duties, compliance with all regulatory authorities, and appropriate, current documentation of programs.
- Writes policies and procedures including an Administrative Manual for all programs supervised.
- Travels as necessary to member locations to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Monitors program effectiveness, surveys competitors' benefits programs, and makes recommendations for program changes and enhancements.
- Manages the day-to-day administration of contracts or other agreements involving employee and retiree benefits to ensure consistent management and practices. This includes management of vendor relationships, healthcare providers, insurance carriers, and other constituent groups.
- Assists members in preparation of benefit-related RFP's and coordinates meetings as required.
- Assists members with planning and coordinating Open Enrollment programs. Also includes communications to members on benefit rates, plan changes, employee and retiree benefits, and educational material.
- Facilitates communication between member institutions and benefit administration system to ensure accurate reporting and deduction processing.
- Stays current on all pending or new legislation and compliance requirements.
- Develops and monitors reports to ensure efficient administration of all benefit programs.
- Manages anticipated and unanticipated audits or reviews.
- Works closely with OKHEEI’s benefits broker.
- Interacts with the OKHEEI Trustees and attends OKHEEI Board of Trustee meetings.
- Prepares and maintains Agendas, Minutes, Notices, and other required documents of said board meetings for compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act.
- Responsible for training and continuing education for OKHEEI member benefits personnel.
- Coordinates and reconciles deposits into the OKHEEI Trust from member institutions.
- Responsible for premium and contribution remittances from OKHEEI Trust to insurance carriers/service providers.
- Ensures each member institution submits timely reporting of benefit enrollment reports and reconciles with benefit administration system.
- Serves as the staff member for the Oklahoma Higher Education Employee lnterlocal Group.
- Maintains the OKHEEI website.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Required: Minimum of 5 years benefits experience. Bachelor's degree in related field.
Physical Demands include repetitive movement of hands and fingers typing and/or writing and frequent standing and/or sitting. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in related field. Experience in higher education benefits programs. Professional in Human Resource certification. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist designation. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills. Good computer skills to include proficiency using Microsoft Office. Accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to provide excellent customer service. Must have multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups. Ability to travel.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
Safety is the responsibility of every employee; therefore, all employees will be trained to perform work safely. Should you feel inadequately trained to perform a certain procedure, immediately discuss the problem with your supervisor. You will be evaluated in the area of safety practices during evaluations. Working safely, following all appropriate rules and regulations for safety and the environment are a job requirement and an expectation for employment.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed *Disclosure Statement. To access the Disclosure Statement, go to https://www.ecok.edu/sites/default/files/website_files/Employment_Services/Affirmative%20Action%20%20Disclosure%20Statement%20(Fillable)_1.pdf
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th St., Admin. 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.