Redlands Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a free college-prep program that provides skills and advice to help qualified military veterans achieve their academic goals. The program prepares veterans to enroll in a postsecondary school (university, community college or vocational/technical programs).
VUB is funded by the U.S. Department of Education as part of the TRIO program, which serves low-income and first-generation college students. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Want to learn more?
How to Qualify
Veterans must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in one of the 14 counties served by the grant: Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cleveland, Comanche, Garfield, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Logan, Noble, Oklahoma, Pawnee and Payne.
- All participants must have at least 181 days of active service with better than a dishonorable discharge.
- All participants must be either low-income (based on family income and number of dependents) or potential first generation college students (neither parent earned a 4-year degree).
- All participants must demonstrate academic potential as well as have academic need. Not all students have the same needs. Some students require developmental coursework, while others need more help in cutting through institutional red tape.
If you are concerned about your eligibility, please contact our office and we can discuss requirements more in-depth with you.
The Veterans Upward Bound program provides:
- Academic instruction or tutoring
- Academic, financial aid or personal counseling
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Assistance in GED completion and related activities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Information on post secondary education opportunities
- Connections with other veterans agencies, associations, etc.
- Access to continued TRIO support through Support Student Services programs across the nation
- Family workshops and reference materials
Redlands Community College
Randy Reynolds, Director
Cynthia Patterson, Administrative Assistant
Krista Morris, Academic Specialist
1300 S. Country Club Rd.
El Reno, OK 73036
Oklahoma Works Center
1711 SW 11th Street
Lawton, OK 73501
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
921 NE 13th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Kiowa Tribe of Oklahoma
1701 W Central Blvd
Anadarko, OK 73005
East Central University
Mary Meeks, Director
1100 E 14th St
Ada, OK 74820