Jack and JoAnn Gedosh established this scholarship in memory of JoAnn Pinkston Gedosh’s parents, Tommy & Marguerite Pinkston and brother, Bill and Mike, who were long time residents of the Minco-Union City community. With roots in Canadian County and a strong advocate of the community college system, JoAnn is paying tribute to her family as well as saying “thanks” for a good place to grow up. The Gedosh gift created a paramount opportunity for the Foundation to partner with the Oklahoma City Community Foundation which facilitated the college Foundation to apply for a matching grant from the Kirkpatrick Family Affiliated Fund.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Tommy Pinkston Family Memorial Endowed Scholarship:
- Shall be enrolled in a curriculum that results in an Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration.
- Shall maintain a 2.5 GPA during attendance at Redlands Community College as verified by an official transcript which will be submitted with the scholarship application for subsequent semester’s award.
- Financial need shall be an award consideration. The applicant shall submit, with the application, a letter explaining financial need and the importance of the scholarship in meeting that need.
- While application from all qualified students will be considered, preference will be given to Minco-Union City applicants.
- During the term of the award, shall enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester; a minimum of three (3) hours being in the Business Administration Program requirements as listed in the current Redlands Community College Catalog.
- Shall claim and use the scholarship award in the academic year (excluding the summer term) immediately following selection; one-half of the award to be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half to spring semester expenses.
- Scholarship funds may be applied toward books, tuition, fees, housing and other college-related expenses payable through the RCC Business Office.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Tommy Pinkston Family Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund held in trust by the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds and the amount of funds in the scholarship account.
- Application Deadline: March 1