James D. (Jim) Shaw was a faculty member at Redlands Community College for 27 years and a resident of El Reno for 41 years. He was a brilliant scholar and teacher in the communication arts. He loved language, grammar, and vocabulary, and he was a model of dedication and integrity. This scholarship was established to provide assistance to a current Redlands Community College student who reflects these interests and values. The scholarship was established in memory of James D. (Jim) Shaw by his wife (Joquita Shaw), children (Jill Shaw Taylor, Justin Shaw, and Jason Shaw), children-in-law (Ward Taylor, Jennifer Shaw, and Michelle Duffy), grandchildren, and other family members and friends.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the James D. (Jim) Shaw Memorial Endowed Scholarship:
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- During the term of the award, recipient must enroll at Redlands Community College in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Must claim and use the scholarship award in the academic year (excluding the summer term) immediately following selection, one-half of the award to be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half to be applied to spring semester expenses.
- Scholarship funds must be applied toward books, tuition, fees, and other college-related expenses payable through the Redlands Community College Business Office.
- Deadline for submission of application is stated below.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds after authorized expenses are paid will be returned to the James D. (Jim) Shaw Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund in care of Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- Preference will be given to those with financial need.
- Application Deadline: March 1