Established in honor of Martha Piper, a longtime faculty member in the nursing department. Awarded to a single parent student entering the nursing program as a freshman or a sophomore.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Martha Piper Nursing Scholarship:
- Applicant have been accepted into the Redlands Community College School of Nursing. Successful applicant must also maintain progression in the nursing program throughout the scholarship term.
- Applicant must be a single parent student entering the program as a freshman or a sophomore at Redlands Community College.
- Applicant must submit a transcript and acceptance letter from the nursing department with scholarship application.
- Applicant must submit, with the application, a typed essay describing “What event or person influenced your decision to become a nurse”.
- The recipient must enroll at Redlands Community College in at least 8 credit hours. If not enrolled in 8 credit hours, you must provide a written explanation from the nursing department explaining the situation.
- Recipient must claim and use the scholarship award immediately following selection for the semester awarded.
- Recipient must apply scholarship funds toward books, tuition, fees and other college related expenses through the Redlands Community College Business Office.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc. for future Martha Piper Nursing Scholarships.
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds and the applicant maintaining a student in good standing status.
- Recipients of the award may reapply for this scholarship.
- Application Deadline: May 31