The Ray Porter Faculty Senate Scholarship, in honor of Dean Emeritus Ray Porter, is awarded annually to a current Redlands Community College student. The $500 award is given by the RCC Faculty Senate on the basis of academic progress and need. The scholarship consists of a maximum $500 credit toward the following expenses incurred upon enrollment at RCC: tuition, fees and/or books. One-half of the scholarship will be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half will be applied to spring semester expenses. Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Ray Porter Memorial Faculty Senate Scholarship in care of the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Ray Porter Memorial Faculty Senate Scholarship:
- Completion of at least 12 semester hours and currently enrolled in classes at Redlands.
- Grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Financial need.
- Completion and accuracy of all components of the application process.
- Complete all information requested on the application form and submit application electronically.
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcript.
- Recipient will be notified in April and introduced during the May Faculty Senate meeting.
- Application Deadline: March 31