Established by the family and friends of Tyler Knecht. This scholarship is awarded to a graduate of Okarche High School. Applicants are required to write in 200 words or less their greatest accomplishments and how they used that experience to influence and inspire others. A written recommendation from a high school educator is also required.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Tyler Knecht Memorial Scholarship:
- Must be a graduate of Okarche High School.
- In 200 words or less, state your greatest accomplishments and how you have used that experience to influence or inspire others.
- Provide a written recommendation from a high school educator.
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or achieved a composite score of 17 on the ACT.
- Must submit, with the application, a copy of high school and/or college transcript verifying GPA and ACT score.
- During the term of the award, recipient must enroll at Redlands Community College in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- Must claim and use the scholarship award in the academic year (excluding the summer term) immediately following selection, one-half of the award to be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half to be applied to spring semester expenses.
- Must apply scholarship funds toward books, tuition, fees and other college related expenses through the Redlands Community College Business Office.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Tyler Knecht Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund in care of the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds.
- Application Deadline: March 1