Grant FAQ

What is a Federal Pell Grant?
A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's degree.

How do I qualify?
To determine if you're eligible, you must first fill out the Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The U.S. Department of Education uses a standard formula, established by Congress, to evaluate the information you report when you apply. The formula produces an EFC number. This number, once evaluated by the Redlands Community College Financial Aid Office, will determine if you are eligible for a Pell Grant and for how much.

How much money can I get? 
How much you get will depend not only on your EFC but also on your cost of attendance, whether you're a full-time or part-time student, and whether you attend school for a full academic year or less. You may not receive Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

How will I be paid?
Redlands Community College will apply your Pell Grant to your account after the add/drop for the semester of the award. Once your account is paid in full, you are issued a refund.

Can I receive a Federal Pell Grant if I am enrolled less than half time?
Yes, if you're otherwise eligible. You won't receive as much as if you were enrolled full time, but Redlands Community College must disburse your Pell Grant funds in accordance with your enrollment status and cannot refuse you an award simply because you're enrolled less than half time.

What is a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)?
An FSEOG is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need. This program gives priority to students with the lowest EFCs and gives priority to students who receive Federal Pell Grants. An FSEOG doesn't have to be paid back. Redlands Community College receives limited a limited amount of these funds, so awards are given on a first-come, first-served basis.

What's the difference between the FSEOG and Federal Pell Grant?
The U.S. Department of Education guarantees that each participating school will receive enough money to pay the Federal Pell Grants to its eligible students. There is no guarantee every eligible student will be able to receive an FSEOG. Students at Redlands Community College will be awarded an FSEOG based on the availability of funds at the time the student’s application is received.

How much FSEOG can I get?
Redlands Community College awards FSEOG in amounts ranging from $200 to $400. These amounts vary depending on when you apply, your need, and the funding level of the Redlands Community College.

How will I be paid?
Redlands Community College will apply your FSEOG to your account after the add/drop for the semester of the award. Once your account is paid in full, you are issued a refund.

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program (OTAG) is a need-based grant program for Oklahoma residents who attend approved colleges, universities, and career technology centers in Oklahoma. OTAG is a program of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Awards are approved for full-time or part-time undergraduate study.

Application is made through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). IT IS IMPORTANT TO APPLY EARLY. OTAG accepts applications received by the federal student aid application system through March 31. Be sure to list Redlands Community College when completing your FASFA.

Undocumented immigrants can be considered for OTAG awards. Qualified applicants will have graduated from a public or private high school in Oklahoma or successfully completed the GED in Oklahoma and will have resided in Oklahoma with a parent or guardian for at least two years prior to graduation from high school or successful completion of the GED in Oklahoma.

OTAG will review your family financial information to determine your eligibility, and you will be notified if you are approved to receive a grant. An award will not be denied for academic reasons as long as your school's minimum requirements for admission are fulfilled and satisfactory academic progress is made according to your school's policy for student financial aid recipients.