The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) is used for Redlands Community College Nursing Program Admission Exam. The TEAS V exam is developed by the ATI Nursing Education company. ATI Nursing Education employs nurses all across the United States who specialize in test development. ATI Test Banks are written by leading nursing educators to reflect the latest standards and technology in the field of nursing. The TEAS V has proven to be a statistically significant predictor of early nursing school success.
The TEAS V exam tests the following areas:
- English/Language Usage: Contains grammar, word meaning, spelling punctuation and structure. Time allotment: 34 minutes.
- Reading Comprehension: Contains paragraph and passage comprehension, and informational source comprehension. Time allotment: 58 minutes.
- Math: Contains numbers and operations, algebraic applications, data interpretation, and measurements. Time allotment: 51 minutes.
- Science: Contains human body science, life science, earth and physical science and scientific reasoning. Time allotment: 66 minutes.
Plan on approximately 4 hours to complete the exam. (Actual time allotted is 3 hr. and 48 minutes). All applicants must provide a valid Oklahoma ID (state ID or driver's license) presented upon taking the exam. The applicant must bring their photo ID to the Testing Center when taking the exam, otherwise the applicant will not be allowed to test until a valid ID is presented.
Redlands Community College Nursing Program requires a minimum score of 65% to submit a qualified application for admission.
Studying for the TEAS Exam:
Go to www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS/practice-test for purchase of 150 practice questions online that are patterned after the actual TEAS exam.
Practice Test Details:
- 150 questions assessment patterned after the actual TEAS V exam
- Designed to give a sense of what to expect both in content and in format
- Ability to take the assessment twice (same set of questions)
- Items accompanied by detailed rationales for correct and incorrect responses
If you wish to have a hard copy study manual, go to www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.
The TEAS V study manual streamlines applicants' preparation for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). This official TEAS V resource, written specifically to address the needs of students preparing to take the TEASV, is proven to work. On average, students who used TEAS prep materials from ATI scored higher on their TEAS test than those using other companies' materials or no study prep materials.
- Instructional material for each of the four subject areas: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage
- Practice problems and examples with explanatory answer keys
- The printed study manual contains two 150-item comprehensive practice tests located throughout the book
- Printed practice tests are accompanied with recommended time limits, solutions and rationales for the solutions
- Detailed glossary of terms used throughout the guide
Testing Costs and Times
Testing will be conducted each Thursday, except during Spring Break and any other campus-closed dates. The cost for the test is $65, payable at the Redlands Community College Business Office. Be sure to retain your printed paid receipt.
Please visit the Academic Center for Enhancement (LRC-21A) or email the Testing Center to check availability and reserve a testing seat. Reservations for testing are limited to five seats per session.