Cheryl Ross Rinehart was a 1991 Nursing Graduate of Redlands Community College. Cheryl was an inspiration to her Co-Workers and her patients. She believed that humor was an important part of healing and caring. This scholarship is in her honor and a tribute to her humor and the love she had for her profession.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the
Cheryl Ross Rinehart Memorial Nursing Scholarship:
- Student must be a freshman entering into their first semester of Redlands Nursing School. Successful applicant must maintain progression in the nursing program throughout the scholarship term.
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recipient must attend Redlands Community College on a full-time basis and enrolled in a minimum of 8 credit hours. If not enrolled in 8 credit hours, you must provide a written explanation from the Nursing Department explaining the situation.
- Recipient must claim and use the scholarship award for tuition, fees, and housing immediately following selection for the semester awarded.
- Recipient will submit a one –page essay, with the application, stating the candidate’s view of the “Humor and Nursing”.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will remain in the Redlands Community College Foundation Scholarship Fund.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds and the applicant maintaining a student in good standing status.
- Application Deadline: May 31