This scholarship is one of the most prestigious awarded by Redlands, going to a graduate planning to continue their education at a four-year institution. Applicants are to exhibit outstanding leadership qualities, dedication to the classroom, and superior academic achievement. Two scholarships are awarded each May to Redlands graduates transferring to a four-year institution.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Margaret E. Petree Scholarship:
- Must be a resident of the Redlands Community College service area. Residency to be determined using same criteria as OSRHE criteria for determining state residency.
- Must be a (Current Year) Redlands Community College graduate who has fulfilled all graduation requirements and completed at least 45 hours of required program at Redlands Community College.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 prior to the final semester before graduation.
- Participation in honor’s program, leadership position, student and civic club activities, awards and other honors will be used as additional criteria for determining academic achievement.
- Recipient must attend a college or university that is regionally or nationally accredited and be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours.
- Applicant will submit, with the application, a letter to the Redlands Community College Foundation: a) acknowledging the personal benefit they will derive from the scholarship. b) expressing their intention, upon completing their education and securing gainful employment, to assist others to pursue a college education by contributing to Redlands Community College or another post-secondary institution a like or greater amount for scholarship purposes.
- The scholarship monies will be sent directly to the recipient’s chosen college or university; up to one-half of the funds ($1250) to be used for fall term expenses and one-half ($1250) to be used for spring term expenses. No portion of the scholarship funds shall be dispersed directly to the recipient.
- The scholarship must be claimed and used within two (2) school years immediately following selection. If funds are not used for any reason within this period, the scholarship is canceled and any unused funds will be returned to the RCC foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds.
- Application Deadline: March 1