The Honors Program is a combination of course work which offers academically talented students stimulating class experiences and interaction with other exceptional students.
This program promotes academic excellence and the diverse course work challenges Honors students to achieve their full potential while fostering their talents and exceptional abilities.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students may enter the Honors Program anytime during their college career by meeting the following criteria:
- High school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- ACT score of 22
- Student complete 9 hours of honors credit with no grade below B, before admittance
HOW TO GRADUATE WITH HONORS?
Students may graducate with Honors by meeting the following criteria:
- Complete 15 hours of honors credit.
- Complete 12 hours of honors credit +25 clock hours of work on an approved project.
- Maintain an overall grade point average of 3.25 with no grade lower than B in honors course work.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Recognition of academic abilities and achievements
- Enhanced opportunities for scholarships at RCC and four-year institutions
- Permanent designation of Honors courses completed on transcripts
- Increased opportunities for acceptance in Honors Programs at four-year institutions
- Participation in a challenging and enriching curriculum
- Interaction with other Honors students at RCC and other institutions
- One-to-one interaction with instructors