Established in the memory of T.G. Johnson by his family.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the T. G. Johnson Memorial Scholarship:
- Student may be a freshman entering or a returning Redlands student.
- During the term of the award, recipient must enroll or be enrolled at Redlands Community College for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester.
- Preference will be given to declared education majors.
- Financial need shall be an award consideration. The applicant shall submit, with the application, a letter explaining financial need and the importance of the scholarship in meeting that need.
- In 200 words or less, state your greatest accomplishments and how you have used that experience to influence or inspire others.
- Provide a written recommendation from an educator and contributing member of your community.
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or achieved a composite score of 19 on the ACT.
- Must submit, with the application, a copy of high school and/or college transcript verifying GPA and ACT score.
- Must claim and use the scholarship award in the academic year (excluding the summer term) immediately following selection, one-half of the award to be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half to be applied to spring semester expenses.
- Must apply scholarship funds toward books, tuition, fees and other college related expenses through the Redlands Community College Business Office.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the T. G. Johnson Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund in care of the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds.
- Application Deadline: March 1