Established by Ruth Louise Wallace to extend to present day students the opportunity she received through the Cadet Nurse Corps during W.W.II. This fund supports and encourages Redlands Community College students committed to a professional career in nursing.
The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Ruth Louise Wallace Endowed Scholarship:
- Applicant must be an Oklahoma resident and a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must be a student entering the nursing program as a freshman or a sophomore at Redlands Community College.
- Applicant must submit a copy of a high school/college transcript and acceptance letter into the Redlands Community College Nursing Program.
- Applicant must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or a 4.0 on a 5.0 scale.
- Applicant must submit with the application, a typed essay describing “What event or person influenced your decision to become a nurse.”
- Financial need will be considered but is not mandatory.
- To receive the full scholarship, the recipient must enroll at Redlands Community College in at least 8 credit hours. If not enrolled in 8 credit hours, you must provide a written explanation from the nursing department explaining the situation. If the successful applicant is enrolled in less than 8 credit hours, the scholarship award will be pro-rated based upon the number of hours below a full-time load.
- Recipient must claim and use the scholarship award immediately following selection for the semester awarded.
- Recipient must apply scholarship funds toward tuition, fees, books, and other college related expenses through the Redlands Community College Business Office.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Ruth Louise Wallace Endowed Scholarship held in trust by the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on a one semester basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds.
- Successful applicant must also maintain progression in the nursing program throughout the scholarship term and remain a student in good standing.
- Recipients of the award may reapply for this scholarship on a semester basis for up to four semesters.
- Application Deadline: May 31