The following guidelines have been established to qualify for the Virdin Royse Memorial Scholarship:
- Recipient must be enrolled as a full time freshman at Redlands Community College.
- Must have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Must declare a major in agriculture.
- Financial need, grades, extent of involvement in the agriculture program, and the student future plans as stated in the application form will be the selection criterion.
- Must claim and use the scholarship award in the academic year (excluding the summer term) immediately following selection, one-half of the award to be applied to fall semester expenses and one-half to be applied to spring semester expenses.
- Deadline for submission of application is stated below.
- Any unused portion of the scholarship funds, after authorized expenses are paid, will be returned to the Virdin Royse Memorial Scholarship Fund in care of the Redlands Community College Foundation, Inc.
- This scholarship is funded on an annual basis. Funding is contingent upon availability of funds.
- Application Deadline: March 1